Vunani Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified when using this website you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
WHAT WE COLLECT
The personal information that Vunani Limited collects about you will be sourced primarily from the information and materials you provide and your communications to us.
This includes the following information:
- a list of the products and services you express an interest in when you use the website;
- your name and contact information, including email address and company details which you may submit to us when you interact with the website; and
- information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our products and contact preferences to provide you with further correspondence about our products and services.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, including but not limited to the following reasons:
- for internal record keeping;
- to update our records about you;
- fulfilment of our contractual and legal obligations to you;
- to maintain our relationship with you;
- for fraud prevention and detection, and to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- to market products and services; or
- to respond to your enquiries and/or complaints or process your requests in relation to your information;
- If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible on email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Vunani Limited respects your rights to privacy and confidentiality and consequently undertakes not to give, sell or exchange personal information with any third party.
Vunani Limited will however disclose information when required under the following circumstances:
- to persons and entities within the Vunani Limited;
- when requested by a court order or by any regulatory authority (such as Financial Services Conduct Authority or the Financial Intelligence Centre);
- in order to comply with Vunani Limited’s legal and regulatory obligations in terms of any legislation or regulation applicable to Vunani Limited and its business dealings (including fraud prevention and anti-money laundering);
- in order to conduct required credit checks; or
- to any third-party service providers (who in turn have an obligation of confidentiality to Vunani Limited)
To keep you informed of important and relevant industry, financial and company information and news we may provide communication to you through email. If you do not wish to receive specific communications that you are subscribed to you may opt-out by following the “opt-out” procedure in such messages.
Note: Vunani Limited takes reasonable measures to ensure the security of documents sent to you. However, if you choose to receive your personal financial documents (including statements, letters and reports) through the South African Postal Service or through electronic mail, Vunani Limited will not be held liable for any unauthorised access or disclosure of your information once sent.
RETENTION OF RECORDS
Your personal information is only processed and retained for as long as the purpose it was collected for continues, or for as long as required to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or to protect Vunani Limited’s legal interests. This may result in your information being retained for longer than any minimum period required by law.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take all reasonably practical steps to ensure that your personal information is secure from unauthorised access, modification or deletion.
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
You may request, amend or delete details of personal information which Vunani LImited holds about you under the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2 of 2000. The Promotion of Access to Information Act, No 2 of 2000 was enacted to give effect to the constitutional right of access to any information held by any private or public body that is required for the exercise or protection of any rights. Certain requirements, however, must be met for access to any information being granted.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.<.br> We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Any information gathered through your utilisation of our site, other than that which you deliberately provide to us, is used only for analytical purposes, and is not shared with any party for any reason other than analytics.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website contains links to other websites of interest, subsidiary companies and investee companies. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.